Insurance For Homeowners | Insurance Advice | Fosters Financial
Insurance for homeowners

Insurance for homeowners

Homeowners insurance

Get a quote
What is home insurance?

Home insurance protects your home and belongings from the unforeseeable. It consists of two different types of cover, buildings insurance and contents insurance, which can be purchased separately or as a combined policy.

Read More

What does home insurance cover?

Insurance for homeowners or buildings cover as it is commonly known, covers the structure of your property and its fixed fittings. If your home sustains any damage from an unexpected event such as a fire, flood or storm, your provider will either pay to repair or rebuild your property to its original state. Most buildings insurance policies will also pay out for things such as a burst water pipe or subsidence.

If you are buying a new property or remortgaging, your lender will usually insist that you have buildings insurance in place. The only exemption is if you are buying a leasehold property as this will likely be covered by your service charge.

What does contents insurance cover?

Contents insurance protects the goods inside your home, such as your furniture, clothes, carpets, and TV, from theft or damage. It is not a prerequisite of your mortgage to have this type of cover. But, if you calculate the cost of replacing all your belongings, then it is certainly worthwhile having. Combining your buildings and home contents insurance can also make your cover slightly cheaper than two separate policies, which our insurance brokers can help you arrange.

When to get building insurance when buying a house

If you need a mortgage to purchase a property, you will need to have a buildings insurance policy in place ready for when you exchange contracts. Your solicitor will be able to tell you what date this will be and if you are moving home, you will need to inform your provider.

Moving home can however be a good time to review your cover. Our insurance brokers can quickly see if you could switch to a better deal and help you decide whether it will still be worthwhile, if you need to pay an early cancellation fee.

Insurance advice

Having the right home and contents insurance for your property can make a big difference, and our home insurance brokers are here to ensure you get the appropriate level of cover for your needs. With access to hundreds of products from the UK’s best home insurers, our insurance brokers will take the time to understand your individual needs and compare home and contents insurance quotes to find the best home insurance deals for you.

As we only work with the best home insurance companies, you can be sure that our insurance for homeowners is of the highest quality and at an affordable price. There is also absolutely no form filling to do, as we take care of all your admin for you.

Ready to arrange your new home and contents insurance? Get in touch and speak to one of our home insurance brokers today!

What our customers say

  • We couldn’t be more appreciative to the team at Fosters for securing the best mortgage deal for us.

  • From start to finish I was always kept up to date with the progress. The team are excellent and very friendly.

  • Excellent service. Everyone we dealt with for our mortgage was very professional, super efficient and friendly

  • We have used Fosters Financial for two mortgages now and each time they were very helpful and professional.

  • Very friendly service that explained all at every step and was always quick to respond to any questions that we had.

Your local insurance broker
Free advice
5-star rated cover
Whole of market
No obligation
Ready to discuss your insurance options?

Speak to one of our insurance advisors

01206 911401

Request a callback

Need advice, but can't talk now? Arrange a callback

Small Call back
× Close Menu